Monday, May 5, 2008

Update on the triplets

Last Tuesday we had our 12 week appointment and ultrasound. It was my first appointment with my new doc at the U. I was bummed that I had to change from Dr. Esplin at IMC after Derek's job change and insurance change, but I think Dr. Sullivan will be great. Esplin recommended her, and I definitely trust his judgement. I really think that she's the first doc who hasn't made me feel rushed and sat and talked with me forever. So onto the important stuff... all 3 babies are great! They are all growing at the same rate, which is a good thing and doesn't always happen with multiples. They are each about 2 inches from head to bum. Heartbeats were 167, 167 and 180. All three were moving around like crazy. One was sucking his/her fist, another one looked like s/he waved "hi" to us. For the first time it started to feel a little real. Our next ultrasound is at the end of May and they might (might) be able to tell the gender. We're keeping our fingers crossed because we're dying to know!
Baby A
Baby B
Baby C
3 happy little babies

11 comments:

Natalie said...

That is so sweet you guys! I love ultrasound pictures and that one of all three is so great!

Miss Rachel said...

That is so CRAZY!! I love the pics, so far so good, right??

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

WOW!! I still can't believe you are having 3 babies!!!! You need to post another picture of you pregnant.

Juli said...

Hey! Arik did some investigating and found your blog! Fun seeing the little babes, glad things are going great so far!

SuzyO said...

Wow Steph! The babies look great! Now that you've posted the heartbeat rates, I want to change my guess to three girls.

SO exciting! Now we need an updated picture of your cute belly!

Tiffany said...

I am just so happy for you guys! I almost cried when I looked at the pictures! I'm still guessing 2 boys and a girl!

Freeman Family said...

So fun! You have to look at my friend Jen's blog. She has this great triple jogging stroller. Her blog is on mine, Jen & Brian.
I love the pictures, can't wait to find out what you are having!

Jen said...

Oh! How exciting! I think you are having two boys and a girl because of the heart beat rates. Isn't the old wives tale slower heart rates indicate a boy and faster a girl?

Jen Panunzio said...

Hi Stephanie - I'm Amy's friend Jen and I have 5 month old triplets (and a 2 1/2 year old) so I can relate!! My email is panunzios@att.net if you ever have any questions or want to talk! My belly grew fast too...everyone thought I was farther along than I really was! Well take it easy and hope to talk to you!

stacey said...

the ultrasound picture of all 3 of the babies is SO cool. oh, my sister sally works for the state with kids and i told her you were having triplets...so she said they is alot of support out there for you guys. if you want to email/call her just email me. hope you are feeling great!

Maddie and April Lloyd said...

How exciting! I can't wait to hear how many boys and girls there will be...