Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"Mommy! Baby Sisters are Everywhere!"

That was Miriam's observation the other day, and yes Miriam, baby sisters are everywhere. Everyone thinks that their own kids are the most adorable and bright and funny and I'm no exception with how I feel about Miri. When ever I mention that I'm going to "pump" or she sees me washing the parts to my breast pump she loudly exclaims "I'm comin' mommy!" She gets as many books and stuffed puppies as her little arms can handle and hauls them upstairs into my room and we sit together on my bed while I pump. She will comb my hair or read me stories. The other day she pulled out one of her sesame street books and read the entire book to me word for word. Each page was only one or two sentences, but still I was quite impressed. When she finished, I said "Your a smarty pants." She replied "No I not mommy, I Mee-yum." (Her own special pronunciation of her name.) One area that Miriam hasn't especially excelled in is potty training. The other day we decided to test out bribery. I told her if she went pee in the potty she could have a candy. She sat on her potty buck naked for an entire hour watching Mickey Mouse before finally peeing a tiny amount. We decided to put her big girl Dora panties on her instead of a diaper and gave her the promised candy. She was so proud of herself and excited she started running in circles around the kitchen island. Within about 3 minutes she had wet her panties.
As far as the triplets, here are some update highlights:
  • Lia has done really well on her formula and I'm now able to nurse her once a day.

  • Claire and Lia have a follow up appointment with their Cardiologist on the 10th and their heart procedures will probably be scheduled then.

  • All three girls made it through their first head cold. That was the reward we got for taking them out on Christmas.

  • All three girls are also laughing as well. It's adorable, especially Claires roaring belly laugh.

  • We're blessing the girls on Sunday at 10:30. Anyone who would like to come we'd love it. Email me if you'd like directions to our church stephie_lloyd@hotmail.com

12 comments:

anderson strong and growing said...

Fun stuff going on at your house! Good luck with the potty training. That can be a tough thing. My advise would be wait until she is ready and excited. It makes things a whole lot easier. I know this from experience learned the hard way. Good Luck!

*A* said...

THAT IS THE CUTEST PICTURE I'VE EVER SEEN!! Call me CRAZY, but I would LOVE to have triplets. I think I would just cry all day because I couldn't handle the love that my heart was filled with. You are such a sweet family and I'm sooooo glad to know you :-)

Jen Panunzio said...

Hi Stephanie! Glad to hear that Lia is doing well on the formula! That picture is so adorable! Take Care!!

MDtripmom said...

Awwww, look how big your girls have gotten! It's amazing how fast they grow. Your daughter, Miriam sounds like such a character! I'm sure you are having such a wonderful time with your own little women!

The Johnson Family said...

That is so funny, I love hearing what little kids are thinking. What a cutie. It was so great to see you and I wish we had longer. I hope you are doing well and Derek too. I think you are amazing parents, your girls are lucky to have you two! Love ya!

Chris and Deb said...

Hey Stephanie,

This is Deborah Ostler now Ericson. I came across your blog, you know doing some blog surfing and I just wanted to say that you are such a strong person and I really admire you for that. You look like you are doing so well and your family is adorable. After all these years it is fun to see what everyone is up to. Good luck with everything that you do.

SuzyO said...

Such a cute post! I love Miri's comments. The triplets have GROWN so much! I'm so happy for your family.

By the way, did you see the news about the lady in Cali who just had EIGHT babies? (CRAZY!) And, did you see that "Baby H" was a surprise? (They thought there were only seven babies until the delivery...)

I hope all is well!

chelsie said...

Your girls are getting so big! They are so cute and chubby! It seems like you are doing great!

jessica said...

Oh steph, I love all of the updates! Thank you so much for the darling birth announcement, they are all so beautiful.
That little Miriam, could she get any cuter??? That is so cute that she was so proud that she went potty.
What an amazing little, I mean large family you have.

Pead Family said...

Wow, they are getting so big. How cute are they! Do you love those little seats? I never knew about them with Mallory, so I wondered if they were any good. I am glad that they are all doing well. Miri sounds so cute with them. Are you getting the hang of how to deal with all of them or is it still really overwhelming?
Hang in there, they are all sure cute!

Chad and Kristina said...

Hello--just visiting from Triplet connection! Your girls are beautiful!!
Kristina

hansen said...

I'm 26 weeks pregnant with triplets and we're really excited, but being pregnany has been and is getting more nightmarish. Reading your blog makes me feel better, I just don't get all these women who love being pregnant (lucky ducks :)). I don't sleep, experience the same excruciating treks to the bathroom and jut generally feel like nothing is working the way it is supposed to. My husband is trying to get me to consider a non-c section birth and after reading the description of your delivery I'm now equally scared of both. Not sure if they even let me do a vaginal delivery with triplets ... either way, it sounds like I'm in for it :)