Sunday, October 19, 2008

Could carrots be any cuter?

Penny strikes again. I mentioned her in a previous post... she is the awesome NICU nurse who took the pictures of my girls when they were a few days old. Well, she did it again, but this time MADE them Halloween costumes first. Lia is on the left. Another NICU mom said something about this pic of Lia that made me laugh. She said "That's the face I would be making if someone put me in a costume like that." Brynn is in the middle and Claire of the right. The girls are getting closer to coming home. Brynn will most likely be the first, followed shortly by Claire. Lia will most likely come home last... she's had a little bit of a hard time, but is making progress. I'm hoping they will all be home within the next two weeks. We had a scare a few days ago that luckily turned out to be nothing. Lia had a bloody stool and at the NICU they just went crazy with millions of tests and they stopped her feedings. Apparently they were afraid that she had something terrible called NEC where there is a part of the colon that actually dies and can be very dangerous. One NNP actually said to me "Now I'm not trying to scare you, but babies with NEC can get very sick very quickly and sometimes emergency surgery is required, and sometimes babies don't make it through this surgery." Ya, that doesn't sound scary, that sounds happy. All the testing has (so far) come back normal and she hasn't had any more weird poops. Claire is still getting an ECHO every week to monitor her heart issues. Things haven't changed, but they don't feel its necessary to treat her right now. So basically she's just being watched. My babies are getting so big! Claire is now 4 lbs 6 oz, Lia is 5 lbs 8 oz and Brynn is 5 lbs 6 oz. They are starting to look like normal newborns, especially Lia. They are all learning to eat so they can get rid of their feeding tubes and are all still working on getting off their oxygen. Things are going well... thank you all for the prayers and please keep them coming!

10 comments:

Andrea said...

ADORABLE!! Sounds like your girls are getting amazing care from the nursers and doctors at the hospital!

GMW said...

So very cute!!! They are adorable you guys!
And so close to coming home! YAY!
Do you have help lined up? Just give me a call if you need anything. I would love to drop off a meal or two!

Jen said...

Oh, Steph they are so adorable! I am nervous, excited, anxious all at once at the thoughts of them going home. You are going to be one busy Mama! I am so proud of you guys!

Breanne said...

I am so glad to hear about Lia, I was so scared after I talked to you on Thursday! I love the picture, it is so cute, I love your little carrots

SuzyO said...

ha ha ha! So cute! What a great nurse!

Amanda C said...

That picture is so cute! I am so glad they are doing well and getting closer to coming home.

Delgado Fam said...

I still can't believe you have FOUR girls Stephanie. It boggles my mind. And they are all so perfect. I love those pictures of Miri.. can I have copies? "Ally Oop!" ha ha that was my favorite. Love ya sis.. see ya soon.

Shayla said...

Oh, I have a NICU nurse that still spoils them and me. I think she was the reason that I survived the NICU! :) Eliza's PDA closed on its own about 6 weeks after she came home, it was amazing, so you never know. :) Hang in there! Pretty soon you will be chasing them all over the place...I promise!

Abby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abby said...

ADORABLE!i cant beleive how much they have grown!oh and carrits cant be any cuter!