Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Girls

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that I now am the mother of 4 girls. Here are some updates on each of my cuties!
Miriam Jenette is named after my sister Jenette and will be two next month. She is such a talker. She speaks in complete sentences and says things that I have no idea where she picked up. She has started singing... she loves the songs on Cinderella and tries to sing along. Bless the little girls heart - she is COMPLETELY tone deaf. The sound of her singing makes me happy. She loves books and puzzles. She went through a phase where she wanted to color constantly (on everything.) Now she likes to sit and peel the wrappers off the crayons. She is very independent and very social. She loves people, especially her cousins. She loves outside and has an obsession with animals, particularly puppies. She won't let go of her binky and has NO interest in the potty. She has a great laugh and smile and an enormous gap between her 2 front teeth. She can be be a little bit of a bully, but gives great kisses and is excellent at saying "please" and "thank you." Derek followed her around the house one day and took these pictures. He's trying to train her to be a sports fan... so far so good. She will chant "BYU COUGARS!!" when Derek is watching football and when basketball is on she'll yell "Ally Oop!!"
Lia Marie is named after Derek's mom, Carol Marie. She has always been and still is the biggest of the triplets. Last night she measured in at 5 lbs 15 oz. She is even getting some rolls on her... a very welcome sight on a preemie. As far as her little personality, she is very pleasant. She is laid back and calm and rarely fusses. She grunts a lot and is very expressive with her face. She's a little cuddle bug. She has had the most complications, initially with having to go on the Vent and she's now dealing with a bacterial infection called C-diff, but she's also come the farthest.There is a real sweetness about little Lia.

Brynn Rebecca is named after her Aunt Becky, Derek's sister. She is in the running for being the biggest and last night weighed 5 lbs 11 oz. Her little personality is so determined! It's so interesting how a preemie can already have such a strong personality! It's not that she isn't pleasant, she is. She just knows exactly what she wants. For instance, she tries so hard at breastfeeding. She becomes frustrated when she can't latch on right, but won't give up. Even when she is exhausted, she fight sleep because she wants to try and try again. She'll freak out if she feels like sucking on her binky and it falls out of her mouth. As soon as it's put back in she's as happy as can be. She's just figured out how to get the attention she wants. We affectionately call her "stinky." I don't know what her deal is, but she definitely can't go without a regular bath.
Claire Denice is named after my mom and is still our little runt. She is now 4 lbs 10 oz and still feels like a preemie. She scrunches her little body up like a monkey and always has to have her oxygen turned down when we hold her. She gets so comfortable and content she doesn't require the machine supplying her with the extra oxygen. Even though she is tiny, she is not shy. She has big eyes that are always looking around. She loves her binky and will hold it in her mouth with her tiny fist. She gave us quite a scare when we first learned about her heart issues, but things seem to have turned out OK and she will just need to be watched for now.

So, there they are. My four girls. I wish I could have seen this post 3 years ago when I was wondering if I'd ever have a child of my own. My cup runneth over....

13 comments:

Natalie said...

That is so sweet - thank you for telling us about all their personalities! I'm so glad that things are going so well with the new girls and I love the pictures of Miriam - so cute!!

GMW said...

Your girls are all so beautiful. Thank you for sharing. And don't worry about Miriam and the potty. It'll come when she's ready. ;)

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

What a beautiful post and very beautiful girls! I'm sooooo excited for you!

Greg and Sarah said...

such cute girls. I am so happy that all is going well.

TheShippenFamily said...

That was so sweet, I loved the details about all their names.

Tiffany said...

So sweet....I'm seriously close to tears. I'm so glad that you have such a happy, beautiful family!

jessica said...

Oh Steph, they are all so beautiful! I am so happy for you and your cute little, I mean big family. Miriam is so big and gorgeous! Thanks for the updates, I'm so glad that things are going well.

chelsie said...

What a great post! It sounds like you are really really busy and really blessed at the same time! I am so happy for your family and hope that things continue to go well!

Jen Panunzio said...

They are so beautiful Stephanie!!! You are so blessed!!! Enjoy every moment...it goes by way too fast...I can't believe mine will be one in December! It was good hearing from you and I am glad everything is going well!! Take Care!

The Johnson Family said...

Steph they are so beautiful. It was fun to see some pics of Miri, she has grown up a lot! I hope things continue to get better and better!

Delgado Fam said...

Wow Steph.. cutest kids ever. I know I will love my kids but I also know they wont be as cute as yours cause I don't think thats possible. (sigh)

Amanda C said...

They are all amazing. Congratulations on your beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

Steph,
Right now my triplets girls are also in the NICU. They are 4weeks 1day old born at 30 weeks 5 days. We also had one, Ellie with a PDA. It is certainly an experience you just can't understand until you have been thru it. So many ups and downs. I wouldn't trade it for anything though. One little unintentional smile from the girls makes it all worthwhile! I want you to know that we have been praying for your family and will continue to do so. If you ever want to exchange ideas or thoughts my email is kcoseno@zoominternet.net
Blessings,
Kim