Sunday, March 22, 2009

Prayers for Lia, Please.

We found out Friday that Lia will not have her surgery in April, it will be Thursday.  As in 4 days away.  She saw her doctor on Friday who explained her condition like this: "She has started Congestive Heart Failure, which has caused her liver to swell."  Lia is eating a lot less than she used to and breathing looks like it takes her more effort than it should.  The actual procedure that she will have to fix her PDA is very common and has a super high success rate.  The biggest concerns are 1) risk of infection, which is always a concern during surgeries and 2) risks from the anesthesia. I learned about a statistic that really startled me.  1/1000 babies under one year old who are put under anesthesia don't wake up.  I've been wondering why that 1/1oth of one percent chance has been keeping me awake worrying at night, and then I realized why.  I've been known to defy odds in the past, seeing as the chance of having triplets is about 1/8000 births.  I'm confident that everything will go as planned and my little Lady Lia Bug will have a long healthy and happy life. Please say a prayer for my baby. 

11 comments:

Mel said...

We will definately keep her in our prayers.

The Johnson Family said...

Steph, we love you guys and will be praying for Lia. I

Butler Family said...

we will definatley keep all of you guys in our prayers. I am very sorry to hear about your baby Lia and as a mother I am sure you are having a hard time as well. Although I do not know you well, I am postive the lord is with you and your family and knows your concerns and fears. Be positive..
Let us know if you need anything. We can come watch your kids while you are at the hospital, or if you ever just need a break!

angied said...

your babies are beautiful! im glad i got to see them saturday. we will pray for her.

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

What a beautiful picture. I will keep your baby in my prayers! Please let everyone know how things went.

Freeman Family said...

We will be praying for you and Lia. Please keep us updated, I will be thinking about you guys all day on Thursday

The Johnson J's!! said...

I went to THS and found your blog through some people that we went to high school with. I have been following it and have loved watching those little girls grow in their 6 months. My daughter was born with a PDA that thankfully closed on its own. Your little Lia will be in my prayers as well as you and your family. It is such a hard thing to watch your baby be so sick and helpless. Just know that there are people out there thinking wonderful positive thoughts and that she is in the best hands possible. Best of Luck to you and Derek and your 4 super cute kids!

Tiffany said...

That is such a beautiful picture and we will definitely keep you, Lia, and your family in our prayers. You are loved!

SuzyO said...

The picture on the post is so beautiful. Steph & Derek, you've had an amazing journey. I'm so sorry this is one more obstacle in your path. Lia and Claire will get through this.

Lots of prayers from our house to yours...and to the doctors and nurses who will be caring for little Lia.

jessica said...

We will keep her in our prayers. What a little sweetheart. Please keep us updated!

Shayla said...

We will be keeping your family in our prayers...your pictures are beautiful! :) Your doing wonderful with all those little ones.