Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Heart as Good as New

What a relief to have the heart surgeries out of the way. Claire did great and all went well, except she has horrible bruising. Lia didn't bruise at all from the exact same procedure. Also, I was really freaked out the day after the surgery when I took off her bandage and there was quite a bit of blood, old and new. The doctor and nurse said to expect no bleeding and call if there was any. When I called, the nurse seemed kind of alarmed and concerned. When I spoke with a Cardiologist, he said to watch it and make sure it's not oozing. She seems to be recovering just fine. Preparing for the big event.All ready to go.After the fact.. groggy and sore but all fixed.

12 comments:

Chad and Kristina said...

I'm so glad the surgery went well!! Your girls are so beautiful!

Natalie said...

So glad that everything went well! It was great seeing you guys on Sunday - thanks for being there!

Romney Family said...

I am so happy the surgery went well.... she is so darn adorable in her hopital gown!!

*A* said...

That is wonderful news! How are you so freaking skinny!!!!!!!

Abby said...

I'm so glad the surery went well!!!
hope her broose gets better really
fast.Love,Abbi

Abby said...

Whoops spelled my name wrong its spost to be Abbie sorry

burgoyneteam said...

I'm glad all went well. I'm sure your feeling a little sigh of relief.

Susan said...

I'm so glad all is well and the surgeries are behind you! I think about your family alot and am glad I can keep up with you through your blog!

Freeman Family said...

Glad it went well!

jessica said...

What a relief, I'm so happy things are going well for you!

bloggingchristy said...

I'm so glad they are ok! They are so cute and squishy, you are lucky you have 6 cheeks to kiss and love!

Abby said...

hi,steph
are you glad things are over?????