Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Month of June

So, I'm officially a lazy blogger. I've let an entire month pass with no updates. First things first... the triplets are doing great. One advantage to being pregnant with triplets is that I get ultrasounds at least every other week. Oh, and they are for sure all girls :) They are getting close to a pound each and are about 8-9 inches long. We have tentatively decided on names: Baby A (who is head down on my right side) is Lia Marie, Baby B (who is head down on my left side) is Brynn Rebecca and Baby C (who is straight across right in under my ribs) is Claire Denice. Claire and I have had lots of talks. Our conversations are one sided and go like this:
Me: "Claire, honey, could you please move down and stop jabbing and kicking mommys ribs?"
Like most children, sometimes she's obedient and sometimes me asking makes her rebel even more.
As for me, I'm on a modified bed rest. I have to lay down and rest for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. This all came about a week and a half ago when I started feeling regular contractions. I went in to Labor and Delivery and they hooked me up to all of the machines and confirmed that I was having contractions every 2-9 minutes. They did an ultrasound and the babies were great and I hadn't started dilating, so that's a good thing. I'm enormous.... Measuring at about 8 months even though I'm only 5 months along. I feel like I'm at the end of a pregnancy too. Who knows what these next 2-3 months will hold.
June was a fun and busy month for us. We started it out by taking a vacation to St. George with my family. Miri had fun playing with her cousins, Derek had fun golfing and I had fun seeing Zions, which was a first for me.
Also, we moved. We're are still in Sandy, but now have more room for all these little babies and all their stuff. We're still working on the nursery... luckily one of the bedrooms is big enough to fit all three cribs. I'll be sure and post a picture of the final product.
A couple of weeks ago my cute friend Suzy (who has been my friend since Junior High) had a diaper shower for me. We figure that we now have a 2-3 month supply of diapers for the triplets. Thanks everybody! And please, please, please, keep my triplets in your prayers!
I hope everyone is having a great summer!



10 comments:

Emily (the queen) said...

I am so glad to hear everything is going well! We went to dinner with the Lofgrens and the Nordoffs last night and they updated us on what is going on with you guys! Such good news to hear all three girls are doing well and I love all the names!!! Good job!

Natalie said...

Thanks for the update! I'm glad things are going great and that you are staying rested! Good luck!

Ashley S. said...

Hey Stephanie! I love the names for the girls, Claire is one of my FAVORITE names ever! Glad things are going well. Oh and just so you know, your link to my blog is wrong, I think you wrote the wrong address!

Rachel said...

Hey Stephanie, it's Derek's cousin Rachel. I check in on you guys every so often. Congrats on the babies. I love the names you have chosen. We were going to name our last baby Brynn if he was a girl. It's so pretty. I really like Lia and Clair as well. Good luck and let me know if you EVER need any help with Miri! Take care.

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

I'm so glad you updated! It's good to hear that things are going well. You look as cute as ever! I love the names you picked too! Very cute

The Johnson Family said...

Steph I am so glad that you are doing well! It was fun to see you at the shower, but we really need to get together soon. Love the names!

Jen Panunzio said...

Hi Stephanie - I am so glad you updated! I have been checking daily but i completely understand for not blogging that often! :) So happy that the triplets are doing well! Hang in there! You look great! I will keep your family in my prayers!!!

The Gibby's said...

Congrats on all girls. Look out Derek!

Miss Rachel said...

Yay, thanks for the update. I'm so glad things are going well. I hope to call you soon.....do you think I"m so lame that we still need to plan a playdate??

Unknown said...

Hi
I just came across your site. I wish you and your precious cargo all the best. I look forward to reading your updates on how your babes are doing