Thursday, September 18, 2008

Am I dreaming?

Today was a crazy day. A random doctor came in at 5:00 am, woke me up and told me that depending on the results of my 24 hour protein urine test, they may let me go home this afternoon. Well thanks doc, could this bit of information waited until 7:00 am? Apparently not. Dr. Sullivan came in later this morning and said that because of my consistent high blood pressure, she would like to keep me through the weekend to be monitored. Even though I would really like to go home, I felt pretty comfortable with her being overly cautious. She came again at 3:30 and told me that the 24 hr protein urine test came back and the level was dangerously high. She said that they will take the babies tomorrow morning at 7:30. I totally gave her the deer in headlights stare for who knows how long. I don't think I've even been taken so off guard. Literally 2 days ago I had no signs or pre-eclampsia. Apparently it's nothing to mess with. SOOO.... tomorrow is the triplets birthday. Wow.

20 comments:

Natalie said...

So exciting! Happy birthday little ones! I hope all goes well with the birth and everything afterward. We keep looking forward to the updates!

Breanne said...

Wow Steph! Today is the day! I can't wait to hear how everything went. We have been praying for you guys!

angied said...

i am so excited to meet them! i hope everything goes well for you and that babies. how exciting!!

Greg and Sarah said...

WOW!!! Congrats! I am looking forward to seeing pics!

GMW said...

I really don't want to call today, but I am hoping that everything went well this morning with you and the babies.
Happy Birthday little ladies!!!
And welcome!

stacey said...

yikes! what a shock! hope everything goes great and you and the babies do well! happy birthday sweet baby girls!

Jacob Jen n Behlie said...

Yeah!! Triplet Day!! Well i just got a text from my dad that you and the girls are doing well! You have been an awesome example to me stephanie. thank you. Welcome to the world you little miracle babies!! you have wonderful parents and an adorable big sister!! congrats!!

Amanda C said...

You will be in our prayers. Congratulations!

Andrea said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see some pictures!

SuzyO said...

Congrats Steph and Derek! I just got the email about the birth of the triplets! Yay! Congrats!

I will keep your family in my prayers!

Joy said...

Happy Birthday Lloyd girls!!! I'm praying all went well! Pre-e is nothing to mess with...thats why they delivered me as well. I'm sure you are in a mag fog right now, but I'm hoping all went well and that all SIX of you are doing great! Please let me know if there is anything I can do from afar! Let the games begin!

Brig and Ashlee said...

I'm sure that today has been a day you guys will remember forever. I hope everyone is doing well. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers and will wait anxiously to see some pics!

Just us Three said...

Good luck! I think by now you have had the girls. I really hope everything goes great. I will be thinking of you!

Mommymita said...

Wow - we are so happy for you and can't wait to see a picture of them all strapped in the mini van!

Good luck and recovery.

Alison & Paul

coryshay said...

wow!! I hope all went well! Can't wait to hear how the 4 of you are doing!

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

I can hardly stand the suspense! Get some photos up!!! Congrats

Pead Family said...

I am dying, I have not heard anything on what is going on. I sure hope that all went well and that you are doing ok. You are in our prayers and we will be waiting to hear more news!!

Freeman Family said...

Congrats!! I can't wait to see pictures!!

Breeana said...

So exciting - hope everything went well - looking forward to pictures!

Breeana said...

I know I just commented last night, but when you get a chance (in all your free time :)) can you email me at breehawkes@gmail.com? We just made our blog private and I don't have your email address to invite you. Hope everything is going well and you and the girls are doing great!