Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Live from University Hospital

I knew this day would come, it just surprised me how quickly it crept up on me. I had a doc appointment yesterday, Tuesday. My ultrasound showed that the girls are growing and doing just fine. Lia is 3 lbs 15 oz and Claire and Brynn are both 3 lbs 8 oz. Not too shabby. My cervix has shortened quite a bit to 2.3 cm and I have started dilating and am 1.5 cm dilated and 50% effaced. My doc decided to start me on the steroid shots to help the girls lungs develop and said that it was time for me to go on full bed rest. So I stayed down all day and early this morning, about 3 am woke up with some killer contractions. I took my medication and for the hour after that I had 12 contractions. Yikes. I drove to the hospital where they admitted me for pre-term labor. Yesterday I had absolutely no sign of Toxemia. Today was a total different story: high blood pressure, swelling and protein in urine. So they are monitoring my contractions as well as Toxemia. This morning early they were talking about "if" the girls are born today, but it looks like it should at least be another few days, hopefully even weeks. This is one crazy ride.

10 comments:

Joy said...

Hi Stephanie...your story sounds so familiar...I was admitted for almost the exact same reason around the same time during my pregnancy. Hang in there and just take it one day at a time! Please call or email me if you have any questions or need to talk! Thinking and praying for you, the babies, and your family during this crazy time!

Andrea said...

This is getting exciting! I'll keep my fingers crossed that they stay inside for a little longer...keep posting if you can!

Rachel said...

Good luck! I've been checking your blog pretty regularly, awaiting the news that the girls had arrived. I am so amazed that you are only 59 days away from the actual due date. You are a trooper. Hang in there, I'm sure the next few days will be full of ups and downs. xoxo

stacey said...

hold on little babies!! hope all is well! we will keep you and the babes in our prayers!

Cyndi said...

oh my goodnesss! how scary, and exciting! good luck! you are amazing!

Natalie said...

Oh my goodness! I check your blog daily waiting for the one that says the girls have arrived - hopefully that isn't for a little while still, but we are sure thinking of you guys! I hope you are feeling good and that you have Miriam all taken care of somewhere - please please call us if you need anything. We are happy to do anything you guys need. Good luck!

Breanne said...

I am so glad that you and the babies are okay! Dave told me about what had happened, but he of course is a guy, and had very little information. Please let us know if you need help with Miri or anything! Love you!

GMW said...

Oh goodness you guys!!! We'll be praying for you and the girls! Please let us know if there is anything we can do!

Sara said...

Stephie-

You're one tough chick! Good luck with everything. I'll keep checking the blog for updates! Hope you are hanging in there.

Love ya!
Sara

The Johnson Family said...

AWESOME!!! You have done such a great job through this rough pregnancy and any way you look at it, looks like it will be over soon! Or actually it will all beginning! Hang in there and we are praying for you.