Saturday, November 8, 2008

Halloween; Miriam's last chance for undivided attention from Mom and Dad.

For Halloween, Derek and I decided that we should spend some quality individual time with Miri and make sure she had some good fun before the babies came home. The night before Halloween we took Miriam to Mabey Farm, a great pumpkin patch. (Thanks for the tip Rachel.) She had way too much fun climbing on the haystacks, pulling the wagons and picking out pumpkins.
On Halloween I took Miri to Derek's work were they had an office trick-or-treat. She is very particular about WHICH candy she chooses. She mainly likes suckers and occasional smarties. I rarely let Miriam have candy, but figured Halloween is once a year and just let her go crazy. I really regretted that decision 2 days later when she threw up all over in Sacrament Meeting. Lovely. Anyway we then went and visited Miriam's great Grandma Garlick, Great Grandpa Behling and then went to my moms and Derek's moms. Halloween has never been a favorite holiday of mine, until kids came along. This was Miriam's original Halloween costume, to go along with the triplets dressed up as carrots. Miriam hated the ears and hated having her face painted, so we went to plan B. I told Derek to go to Old Navy on his lunch break and pick out a cute little warm costume there. So what did her come home with? A rat. Yes, that's right. Other people's 2 year olds are cute little fairies and princesses. Mine was a rat, but a darn cute rat she is. Below are pictures of Miriam with her great Grandma Garlick ("Grandma Great") Great Grandpa Behling and her cousins Kylee, Abi and Jake (Jenette's kids.) The cute little piglet giving my cute little rat a hug is Miri's cousin Andelun.
And here I am with two of my favorite people in the world; my sisters Julianne and Jenette.

3 comments:

Delgado Fam said...

I love it!!! I have never seen a cuter rat in my life (haha!) I am so glad Miri got her alone time with Mom and Dad.
I love the pic of the sistas.. thats a keeper.
Hope things are going well with the triplets. Steve and I will be up there soon to see them and give Derek his B-day gift. Love ya

-Shmoobs

jessica said...

I love all of the pictures. You are so good at keeping us all updated. Miriam is gorgeous and so are you. You are not suppose to look that beautiful after just having triplets. I love Miriams costume, she really is gorgeous.

burgoyneteam said...

Miriam is so, so cute too!! I think the rat's great! I also agree with Jessica -- you are so beautiful!

--Mer